Replace Your Fluorescent Tubes With Easy-Install LEDs
- Over 40% more efficient than standard linear fluorescent lamps.
- Easily replace any 18″, 2′, 3′, or 4′ T8 or T12 fluorescent lamp.
- Available in a range of colors to match (or improve) existing lighting.
- No flickering; no buzzing.
- No mercury – Environmentally friendly!
Direct Drive vs. Smart Drive
The two most common wiring configurations for LED retrofit tubes are Smart Drive and Direct Drive. Badger Lite offers both options, to best suit your needs.
- The fluorescent lamp and ballast are removed, only a single end is wired directly to the line voltage at 120-277v.
- Ideal for new fixtures, fixtures that require a lampholder change, and applications with legacy magnetic ballasts.
- Advantages: No future ballast replacement needed, lowering future maintenance costs and reducing total input wattage.
- Disadvantages: Slightly more time to install, may require an electrician.
- The old fluorescent lamp is taken out, then the new LED lamp is installed without any change of wiring or removal of the ballast.
- Perfect for self-installation in to existing fixtures with electronic ballasts.
- Advantages: Simplest possible installation, no electrician required, uses existing fixture and lampholders.
- Downsides: Ballasts add to the total input wattage and may need to be replaced long before the LED tube itself fails.
- Smart Drive lamps are available in 24″, 36″, or 48″ tubes.
- Direct Drive lamps are available in 18″, 24″, 36″, or 48″.
- Available colors: 3000K, 4000K, 5000K, or 6500K.